The 5 Pillars of Ministry at Canyon View Church of Christ
– They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching…Acts 2:42a
This area of ministry purposes to educate believers in knowing God’s Word, The Bible, resulting in spiritual growth and development. Regular Bible classes are offered to equip, challenge and strengthen members at whatever stage of spiritual development.
– (They devoted themselves) to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Acts 2:42b
This area of ministry seeks to bring Christians together for the purpose of encouragement. Christ grows in us as we learn how to love and care for one another. Whether in the home or out in the community, these servants labor to break into busy lives and remind us all of what is truly important in life – spending time with the ones we love.
– They broke bread together in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. Acts 2:46b – 47a
Those involved in worship planning and execution work to grow in all members, young and old, hearts that love to worship our Father. Some concern themselves with the practical details, while others have as their ministry to set the vision for deeper worship, but all collectively work to praise our God for the many blessings he showers upon us every day of our lives.
– All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods they gave to anyone as he had need. Acts 2:45
The service ministry reaches into the church by providing for the administrative needs of the body while reaching out to the community to provide for the needs of those around us.
– And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:47b
The evangelism ministry makes it their goal to reach all people everywhere with the saving message of Jesus Christ. It is only through knowledge of Him and obedience to His teachings that we can hope to have a meaningful life and an eternal existence. These servants use all methods of communication to reach the lost and are not ashamed of the Lord whom they preach.